Sunday, August 30, 2009

suspended like spirits over speeding cars.


Whenever I listen to Soco Amaretto Lime, I get this shitty sad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I miss summer so very much. This summer has made some fucking stellar memories and it's kind of saddening that winter's just around the corner. I know why this song causes me to feel so nostalgic. It has everything to do with a certain graduation party of my wonderful step-brother Sammy's. All night, Ray had his acoustic out off and on, playing Brand New songs that we all knew, because we're all troubled teens with good taste in alternative music.
Anyway, the image that enters my mind when this song starts to play is a beautiful one. I see all of my friends: drunk, high, happy, sad, half naked, hugging, kissing, dancing, living. The shadows are shifting and turning because we're all seeing by the light of a huge bonfire. The grass is littered with beer cans, cigarette packs, random items of clothing, and people who are completely done-for. All of the people around me are singing at the top of their lungs. The feeling you get when an amazing song is being lived out by you and all of your friends one warm summer night is something that can't be felt any other way. It's seriously one of the greatest emotions I've ever felt, even if it's kind of shitty now that summer's over.

1 comment:

  1. that was an amaing night, that song was my summer this year. it is sad that it's over already.

    ReplyDelete