Friday, August 28, 2009

& we'll stay awake through summer like we own the heat.


I love this time of year, no matter how much everyone else hates it. I know that this means school, work, crappy weather, etc., but I don't really mind at all. This is the time of year when there isn't really a name for the season. Summer is coming to an end, but at this point, I'm ready for a more solid schedule. I'm ready to see what can come of the next year until summer rolls around once more to bring me some amazing memories. Every summer, I tell myself that this is the best summer I have ever had. I don't really believe that each summer gets progressively better, it's just that every summer is perfect in its own little ways. This post is dedicated to the summer of 2009: "the best summer ever."
Kristen Connors! is the first person I'm going to write about, because she has inspired me to go on and on about summer for this post. I never expected to become good friends with Kristen this summer, but I did. We've gone through some crazy shit together, and now we have great memories to talk about. I have Kristen's urine permanently soaked into a pair of my jeans, but I don't mind at all. She was drunk and had to pee like you wouldn't believe, so we took a break from our walk and detoured through the Catholic church parking lot. Kristen peed ALL OVER her phone, and didn't know what to do. I just wiped it off all over my pants and kept on walking. Kristen and I bonded enormously the night of Sam Capolupo's graduation party. I never in my life expected to become that "close" to Kristen. (; The night Kristen slept over my house for the first time, which was actually the night Kristen peed on her phone, we got drunk before returning to my home. We sat by the train bridge and I drank a Hurricane while she drank beers with Becca. We came home, and I fixed my aunt's electric wheelchair, which surprises the hell out of me. We ate cookies and smoked cigarettes until my grandma went to bed, then we went for a walk. Kristen ended up convincing me to run around town in my pajamas, which were actually bright pink silky Betty Boop short-shorts. Why does it always have to rain on my fucking parade?!
HaHasHarlee! has been there for me more than anyone else has for the past few years. This summer we spent a lot of time together doing random things. We visited a waterfall, drank a lot of beer, had many sleepovers, ran from the cops, and had a ton of drama. We had a sleepover at Brandon's house with him and Anthony. We stayed up until like 8 in the morning doing absolutely nothing. This happens too often with Harlee. We've had so many sleepovers where we've just sat around doing nothing for entirely too long. One night, Harlee and I were laying in bed eating Funyuns and drinking Cream Soda. I realized at this point that Cream Soda was my favorite. Dr. Pepper is my favorite now, but that's besides the point. I was very thoroughly describing the taste in my mouth to Harlee while we laid in the dark. It became such a weird description that Harlee actually became afraid and had me stop talking. Harlee and I got into a car accident together this summer. That was great. We were coming back from Susquehanna, Harlee took a turn too fast, and we ended up doing a 180 and landing in a ditch. Harlee's car was totalled, but no one was seriously injured. Brandon's chips flew everywhere and Harlee thought it was broken glass. Kristen thought Kyle was dead and started screaming. My flip flops broke, as well as Harlee's, and we ended up at the bottom of JT Nabinger's driveway. DOOOOOROTHY!!!!
HOUSE! and I weren't able to spend a lot of time together this summer, but we definitely had a memorable sleepover. We stayed up until 6 AM watching random old movies and eating peanut m&ms and sandwiches. Between every movie, House and I went outside and smoked a cigarette. It was actually a really great system. We managed to have a wonderful night doing absolutely nothing and staying awake for no reason...completely sober. Another wonderful memory I have with my dear Melissa is of a day she fought with Brett. He walked by my house calling her a slut and such, so I asked how that even worked out. He proceeded to say that I was a slut too, which is completely untrue. I'm not a slut at all. I think people just love me. (: Sex is so creepy!!
Akela Breeden! has become my step sister, no matter the circumstances we're under with our "parents." We've had many great lunches together, where we've wandered aimlessly around Deposit, or sat at the Country Store eating our subs. Porch Therapy with Akela became tradition, until she just moved in. We could sit on my front porch smoking cigarettes and venting about what pains us until one of us had to leave. It was honestly the best way for me to release my emotions, because I know that Akela won't take anything the wrong way. I've helped Akela out when she was doing the "fifteen step." She's punched my ex-boyfriend in the face for me. I've helped her get clean...It's a back-and-forth relationship that I wouldn't want any other way.
Brandon John Terk! is the boy I will always be able to count on. He's not always the nicest person in the world, but that's alright, because I deserve it sometimes. Brandon has been trying to teach me how to take risks and stop being afraid since the day he met me. I'm learning slowly. We've been through a lot together, and I wouldn't trade our past for any other. Brandon and I have spent way too much time sleeping in tents together. I have learned a lot about myself just from the honesty that Brandon has shown me. He never tries to sugar coat things, and when the truth is so good that I don't believe it, he makes me believe. Never have I ever...had sex.
I've honestly made some amazing memories this summer, with a lot of people that I hope I never forget. I'm sure there are many other people who should have paragraphs written about them in this blog, but I could have written about them before, or I might write about them later. We'll see how that goes. I'm just glad I was able to write all of these things down before the seasons changed and the memories became too nostalgic to write about the same way.








No comments:

Post a Comment